30 Minute Total Body Exercise Workout
One of the most common excuses people have to not exercise is this: I'm too busy and don't have enough time. Now, some people DO have more responsibilities than others; whether it is a demanding job, working multiple jobs, raising a family, your part time school work, or whatever else you may have on your plate. But the reality is this: we all have the same 24 hours in the day, it's all about how well you manage your time. What are your priorities? If you took your entire day, wrote it down on a piece of paper like a scheduled to-do list, are you saying that you can't find 30 minutes to get in some sort of exercise? Sure you can.
Now that you have 30 minutes, give this total body circuit workout a try. Ten total exercises split up into different types of sets, for a total of 8-10 sets. Fit it into a half hour any time during the day, whether it's in the morning or afternoon.
The 30 Minute Total Body Exercise Workout
Triple Set 1: 3-4 sets of 8-12 repetitions. Complete the desired reps of the first exercise and move directly into the second, then third. Once you finish the first set, rest for no more than 30 seconds before moving onto set #2. If you were able to complete all 12 repetitions for each set, increase your weight. Likewise, if you couldn't complete only 8 of each, decrease your weight.
- Barbell Squats
- Bench Press
- Seat Row
Triple Set 2: 3-4 sets of 8-12 repetition. Follow same instructions as the first triple set.
- Alternating Lunges
- Lat Pull downs or Pull-ups
- DB Shoulder Press
Arms & Abs: 2 sets. Complete 1 sets of each before moving onto the second set
- Triceps Overhead Extension: drop set -- start with a weight you can only lift 12 times. Do 12 reps and immediately drop the weight to the next lightest. Do as many reps as you can with that weight and lower the weight again. Do this 4-5 times.
- Weighted Sit-ups: Hold a dumbbell or weight plate against your chest and do situps for 60 seconds. If the weight is too much, put it to the side and continue until the entire minute is up
- Alternating Biceps Curls: drop set -- follow same instructions as the triceps drop set
- Bicycle Crunches: perform as many reps as you can in 60 seconds.